15 May Now Hiring!
Youth Director/Coordinator of Children’s Programs – Full Time
First Christian Church, Harrison, AR
General Description of Position:
The Youth Director/Coordinator of Children’s Programs is responsible to design a Christian study and activity program for the youth of the church, grades 7-12 and their non-member friends. The Director will also assist additional paid staff and volunteers to coordinate age appropriate study and activities for Pre-K to 6th grade.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, coordinates and directs a youth program with parent and church volunteers that encompasses worship, bible study, consistent weekly fellowship, community service activities, and participation in regional Christian Church youth meetings and camps.
- Creates annual plan for church youth program, seeking input from church “Youth Ministries Support Team” and the Senior Minister. Implements the plan with church support and directs youth to achieve the annual plan. Evaluates the Youth Programs to recommend change and improvement.
- Maintains regular contact with church youth to encourage attendance and participation in program activities.
- Assists in assessing resource requirements and in developing support for K-6 Sunday School.
- Enlists and trains church and community sponsors for the program.
- Communicates the program efforts to the congregation, and assists youth to participate actively in worship.
- Performs any other related duties as required or assigned.
Experience in working with youth in a religious environment is strongly preferred.
Understanding of the First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) views and doctrines with an ability to teach and share these views and doctrines.
Salary range $32,000 – $36,000, benefits based on experience.
Potential for housing allowance.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
First Christian Church
(Disciples of Christ)
915 S. Maple St.
Harrison, AR 72601